Monday, February 1, 2010

The Unknown Future of Kirk Hinrich

As I look forward to the rest of this season as well as the 2010-2011 Chicago Bulls season, I wonder if my favorite player Kirk Hinrich will still be on the team. Although he might be lacking on the offensive side of the ball, he makes up for it with his defense. Hinrich has possessed proven leadership skills that can be useful. Although many critics have criticized Hinrich, the Chicago Bulls have been 13-5 this season ever since head coach Vinny Del Negro inserted him back into the starting lineup.

With a career average of 13.5 points per game and 6.0 assists per game, Kirk Hinrich has been one of the cornerstones of the young Chicago Bulls team. To prove it, he has been the longest tenure Bull ever since then General Manager John Paxson drafted him 7th out of Kansas in the highly regarded 2003 NBA Draft. To add to it, no one can discredit Hinrich for helping the still up-and-coming superstar Derrick Rose adjust to the NBA.

Kirk Hinrich has been my favorite player for years now. However, I feel that the inevitable can potentially happen. I'm not too sure of Hinrich's future with the Chicago Bulls as there have been numerous rumors of him possibility being traded to another team. He has been a subject of trade talks for over two years, but this year as well as this coming Summer, it could potentially happen due to the slate of Free Agents like LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh that the Bulls might come after in July of 2010.

I may not know much about basketball and the business side of it, but it is this I know: I know Kirk Hinrich is signed with the Chicago Bulls until after the 2011-2012 season. My boyfriend told me that Hinrich is going to make $27 million from the Bulls from now until after the 2012 season. So I wonder....why is Hinrich such a valuable trade bait? Why would he be traded if he's still signed with the Bulls for another couple of season? Why would they still consider trading him if they have finally been able to turn the team around these past few weeks? They are now a winning team. Gar Forman if you are reading this blog please let Kirk stay for at least another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment